Anti-Racist Pedagogy Resources
A curated list of resources to support anti-racist teaching, because “The opposite of racist isn’t ‘not racist’” (Ibram X Kendi).
- Antiracist Writing Assessment Ecologies: Teaching and Assessing Writing for a Socially Just Future By Asao B. Inoue
- Peralta Community College District’s Online Equity Rubric
Black Lives Matter
- Academics for Black Survival and Wellness: Home
- Black 2 the Futures Action Fund COVID Plan
- BLACK AGENDA 2020
- Petition · Justice for Breonna Taylor
- Justice for Big Floyd justiceforbigfloyd.com
- Letters for Black Lives
- The Translations Project
- Dr. Vivian Chavez shares Cultural Humility documentary on Youtube | Educational Technology Advisory Committee (ETAC)
- Message from White Eagle, Hopi indigenous leader on 03/16/2020
- Jeff Duncan-Andrade at SFSU Faculty Retreat January 2020
- Preparing for Future Disruption: Hybrid, Resilient Teaching for a New Instructional Age | Learning Innovation
- Shut Down STEM Resources & Shareables from #ShutDownSTEM and #Strike4BlackLives
- Trainings Overview — Freedom Lifted’s Freedom Schools
- Mattering Pedagogy: A Conversation with Bettina L. Love: Part 1
- Bali, Maha. Pedagogy of Care: Covid-19 Edition | Reflecting Allowed
- Berke, D. & Ghabour, R. “Trauma-Informed Educational Practices in Higher Education.” Webinar, January 29, 2019. (free through June 30, 2020)
- Carello, Janice & Butler, Lisa D. Potentially Perilous Pedagogies: Teaching Trauma is not the Same as Trauma-Informed Teaching. Journal of Trauma and Dissociation 15, 153-168. (2014).
- Davidson, Shannon. (2017). Trauma-Informed Practices for Post-Secondary Education: A Guide. Portland, Oregon: Education Northwest.
- Pandemic Predispositions: Minority Trauma Responses in Higher Education