As our university prepares for many exciting changes, we want to focus our time at the retreat on approaching the difficult task of putting words to the spirit that guides the university: the contested and beautifully complex understandings of social justice on our campus, in our communities, and our world. At the same time that we are taking stock of our academic presents and futures, this year’s retreat offers an opportunity to articulate all the ways the social justice mission matters to us – in our research, our teaching, our disciplines, and our communities.
Interactive sessions and affinity groups will invite you to consider one or more of the following questions:
- How do you infuse social justice into your classroom?
- How does social justice inform your curriculum?
- How do students grapple with social justice in their coursework and assignments?
- How does social justice inform your teaching, service, scholarship, and creative work?
- How does your scholarly and creative work contribute to understandings of social justice in your discipline?
Interactive Sessions invite you to engage with your colleagues to share insights and expertise related to the conference theme: social justice.
Affinity Groups gather faculty from many disciplines around a particular theme that relates to teaching, research, service, or life on campus.
Community Events provide moments to join your colleagues for conversation over food and refreshments.
Register & Sign Up for Sessions