First Year Exerience PIE
What is FY PIE
FY PIE is a two-day institute offered in cohorts that focuses on supporting student success, persistence, and feelings of inclusion and belonging. Specific topics in the FY PIE Institute include:
- Intro to First Year Experience
- Metacognition, reflective practice & ePortfolio development
- Health, well-being, & mindfulness
- Advising, study skills & time management
- Identity, belonging, equity & inclusion
- Critical digital and Information literacies
- Rhetorical awareness & writing processes
Who is eligible to participate in the FY PIE Institute?
Instructors of record (lecturer faculty, T/TT faculty or Graduate Teaching Associates) who are currently teaching, or assigned to teach within the next academic year, one or more of the following courses are provided a stipend and given first priority for registration:
- Area A1: Oral Communication
- Area A2: Written English Communication
- Area A3: Critical Thinking
- Area B4: Quantitative Reasoning
- Area E: First Year Experience, Life-long Learning & Self-Development
When space is available, other instructors are welcome to participate, though we are not able to provide a stipend in those cases.
When is FY PIE and how can I register?
The next FY PIE Institute will be on May 27 & 28 from 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Click here to register for this event!