Join the QLT Online Teaching Lab!
Faculty Stipend: $1250 upon completion*
GTA Stipends: $550 upon completion*
Estimated Time Commitment: 25 hours
Session: Self-Paced, Join anytime; just be sure to complete by December 4th 2020
What Is the Online Teaching Lab?
The Online Teaching Lab (OTL) is a fully asynchronous, completely self-paced online course about online teaching. Our community norms emphasize curiosity, kindness and compassion with oneself and with each other as we navigate together this unusual time in history.
In the OTL, participants will:
- Participate in a course designed for interaction, not content delivery;
- Create authentic products to use in their own courses;
- Reflect on their learning in community with their faulty peers;
- Receive feedback from OTL faculty mentors
As part of the lab, participants will explore these topics:
- Resilient course design
- Trauma-informed pedagogies
- Instructor presence & humanizing online learning
- Universal design for learning
- Video and online resources
- Social presence & student interaction
- Assessment & academic integrity
- Student reflection & metacognition
How Can I Enroll in the Online Teaching Lab?
If you are already enrolled in the Online Teaching Lab, there’s nothing you need to do and no one you need to notify -- just begin exploring when it works best for you and be sure to complete the Lab requirements and submit your ePortfolio by December 4.
If you are not yet enrolled in the Online Teaching Lab and want to participate in either the self-paced or cohorted model, click the link below (you will be prompted to login to iLearn) and you will receive a Welcome Message with links to begin accessing the course:
You may access a comprehensive list of QLT Online Teaching Lab learning outcomes here.
*In consultation with the California Faculty Association, we have now raised the stipend to $1250 for faculty who complete the OTL by January, 2021! All current and past OTL graduates will have stipends adjusted to the higher amounts.