What is the Online Teaching Lab?
The Online Teaching Lab (OTL) is a fully asynchronous, completely self-paced online course that provides a comprehensive research-based foundation in effective online teaching.
In the OTL, participants will:
Investigate questions such as:
- How do we humanize our online courses?
- How do we engage students online?
- How do we design for academic integrity online?
Explore issues around remote teaching such as:
- Universal design for learning
- Resilient course design
- Trauma-informed teaching
- Equitable & inclusive online courses
- Social presence & student interaction
Experience online learning from the student perspective
- To better facilitate interactive experiences for your own students
As part of the lab, participants will explore these topics:
- Resilient course design.
- Trauma-informed pedagogies.
- Instructor presence & humanizing online learning.
- Universal design for learning.
- Video and online resources.
- Social presence & student interaction.
- Assessment & academic integrity.
- Student reflection & metacognition.
This course remains open as a resource for SF State faculty.
Stipends for faculty completion of CEETL course offerings were made possible through one-time emergency federal funding (CARES and HEERF) for COVID-19. This funding source has now concluded as of 4/25/22. CEETL courses remain available as a resources for the campus community, though stipends for completion will no longer be awarded.