In collaboration, the Institute for Civic and Community Engagement (ICCE) and CEETL invite all faculty to join our upcoming micro-course called “Incorporating Service Learning for Online Teaching.” This fully online, self-paced and asynchronous course offers resources, activities and discussions to help faculty integrate the benefits of service-learning and effective classroom teaching as you create positive changes in students, community organizations and in your department.
When is the course offered and how can I register?
- Faculty Stipend: $250 (pre-tax) upon completion
- GTA Stipends: $110 (pre-tax) upon completion
- Estimated Time Commitment: 5 hours
- Session: Friday, October 1 - Friday, October 29. This course is self-paced so you may engage anytime during this date range; just be sure to complete by Friday, October 29.
- All stipends for CEETL course completions by eligible participants are processed through payroll and are subject to tax, so the final amount and timing for stipend payments may vary according to individual tax rates and employment status with the university. To monitor incoming payments, we recommend you turn on your bank notifications to get alerts on your accounts. All members of the SF State teaching community are welcome to engage in and complete CEETL faculty development courses for a certificate, but due to CSU policy the following appointments will not be eligible to receive a stipend: MPPs, Staff, FERP faculty and individuals not actively employed at SF State.
CEETL offers additional micro-courses!