Faculty Stipend: $1,250 (pre-tax) upon completion
GTA Stipends: $550 (pre-tax) upon completion
When: Self-enroll anytime here, but the start date is January 4, 2021.
Session: Self-Paced, 25 hours to complete.
**Be sure to complete at least half of the requirements by February 1, 2021, to receive your stipend.**
Justice, Equity, Diversity & Inclusion (JEDI), Writing, Pedagogies for Inclusive Excellence (PIE), Institute
What is the JEDI Writing PIE Institute?
The Writing PIE Institute is a fully asynchronous, completely self-paced online course about teaching writing based on pedagogies for inclusive excellence. Our community norms emphasize curiosity, kindness and compassion with oneself and with each other as we navigate together this unusual time in history.
In the JEDI Writing PIE, participants will:
- Participate in a course designed for interaction, not content delivery;
- Create authentic products to use in their own courses;
- Reflect on their learning in community with their faculty peers;
- Receive feedback from JEDI Writing PIE faculty mentors
Participants will explore modules focusing on the following topics: explore these topics:
- Designing writing-focused student learning outcomes (SLOs) and resources for your course
- Helping students navigate the stages of writing
- Designing an effective writing assignment to help students meet writing SLOs in your course
- Using scaffolding to teach writing (and content)
- Scaffold research skills to build information literacy and critical thinking among your students
- Peer response
- Instructor response
- Revising your writing-intensive course syllabus
- Connecting with students through your course syllabus
How Can I Enroll in the JEDI Writing PIE Institute
Click the link below to enroll in the JEDI Writing PIE. You will be prompted to login to iLearn and you will receive a Welcome Message with links to begin accessing the course:
If you have already participated in the GWAR Mentoring Program or an in-person Writing PIE Institute, you are still eligible to complete this Institute. However, be sure to auto-enroll in the new iLearn site. There’s nothing you need to do and no one you need to notify -- just begin on January 4, exploring when it works best for you and be sure to complete 50% of the JEDI Writing PIE requirements by February 1, 2021 to earn the stipend.
Visit these links below to learn more and register for other QLT PIE Slice courses: