The Synchronous Online Teaching Micro-Course focuses on technical how-tos and best practices for teaching online with Zoom. Micro-courses are short courses focused on one topic. The format of this course is primarily asynchronous, with one optional Zoom session that will include SF State faculty sharing their successes. In the Synchronous Online Teaching Micro-Course, participants will:
- Identify best practices around etiquette, privacy and security in Zoom sessions and consider how to those might be applied to their own courses.
- Share strategies for engaging students in Zoom.
- Examine principles of low bandwidth teaching and resilient course design through the lens of synchronous teaching.
Criteria for completion badge and stipend payment:
- Engage in a minimum of three hours of activity within the course; and
- Submit a short reflection.
When is the course offered and how can I register?
- Stipend: $250 (pre-tax) upon completion for faculty; $110 (pre-tax) for GTAs
- Estimated Time Commitment: Three to four hours
- When: Feb. 8 to 26, 2021.
Registration is closed at this time.
The course runs from Feb. 8 to 26, 2021. Registration is closed at this time.
CEETL offers additional micro-courses!