Stipend: $250 (pre-tax) upon completion for faculty; $110 (pre-tax) for GTAs
Estimated Time Commitment: 3-4 hours
- Fall Session: November 9 - December 7, 2020, with an optional synchronous Zoom session on Friday, 11/ 13 from 12:30-1:30pm
- Winter Session: Early January 2021 (TBD)
- NOTE: Registration for our fall session is now closed. Check back soon for information about our January session!
Synchronous Online Teaching Micro Course
Description: Micro-courses are short courses, focused on one topic. The format is primarily asynchronous, with one optional Zoom session that will include SF State faculty sharing their successes. The Synchronous Online Teaching Micro Course focuses on technical how-tos and best practices for teaching online with Zoom. In this course, participants will:
- Identify best practices around etiquette, privacy, and security in Zoom sessions and consider how to those might be applied to their own courses
- Share strategies for engaging students in Zoom
- Examine principles of low bandwidth teaching and resilient course design through the lens of synchronous teaching
Criteria for completion badge and stipend payment:
- Engage in a minimum of 3 hours of activity within the course; and
- Submit a short reflection
Please note that space is limited, but we will be hosting a second session in January (dates TBD).